Terms and condidions for the Sherlock Holmes Weekly Competition:
1. The promotion is a prize draw whereby entrants can win one prizes (including specified below – more will be added) if they scan an applicable PowaTag (the “Promotion”).
2. The promoter of this promotion is MX Publishing, London (“Promoter”).
3. The prizes will be various book prizes, different every week.
4. To enter the Promotion, Participants must have downloaded and registered their details with the Powatag App and then must scan the PowaTag whilst the Promotion is open.
5. Entry closes each Sunday at 23.59 GMT. All entries received after this time will not be included in the draw.
6. The Promotion is open those 18 years or over. Employees of the Promoter or any company involved in this Promotion in any way, are not eligible to enter.
7. It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure that the registration details are valid and correct and that they have the necessary equipment to scan the PowaTag for the duration of the Promotion.
8. Up to one entry per person for the duration of the Promotion. Anyone trying to circumvent this condition by any method will be disqualified.
9. The winners will be selected from all eligible entries at random within 24 hours of the closing of the weekly promotion. Each Prize will have a single winner from the eligible entries. The winners may not select or otherwise swap their Prize from the Prizes available. I
10. The winner will then be notified by email using the contact details provided at entry and will be given details of how to claim their Prize.
11. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner. In the event the winner does not claim their Prize within 14 working days of being notified, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw Prize entitlement and may award the Prize to another entrant in the Promoter’s absolute discretion. No responsibility can be taken for claims which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of posting/sending may not be accepted as proof of receipt.
12. The Prize must be claimed by the Prize winner within 12 months from the date of a valid claim.
13. The winner agrees to use of their name and country for publicity purposes.
14. The Prize is non-transferable and cannot be resold or exchanged for cash.
15. There are no cash or other Prize alternatives available in whole or in part except in the event of circumstances outside its control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar alternative of equal or greater value.
16. The winner’s information will be used and shared for the purpose of providing the Prizes.
17. By accepting the Prize, the winner agrees to be responsible for all federal, state, provincial, local or other applicable taxes associated with acceptance and use of the Prize.
18. All entrants to the Prize draw will be deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions of the Promotion. All entry instructions form part of these terms and conditions.
19. In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this Promotion or the awarding of Prizes, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the Promotion or these terms and conditions , at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries and the winners and to refuse to award a Prize or withdraw Prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the Promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this Promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion or won using fraudulent means. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions and these will be binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. Except as otherwise required by applicable law, the Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for lost, late, damaged, corrupted or misdirected entries or claims and the Promoter is not responsible for any late or misdirected delivery of communications (email or otherwise), except in the event of wilful intent on the part of the Promoter or its agents.
22. Any images are an illustrative example and do not show the exact Prize.
23. To the fullest extent permitted by law and excluding death or permanent injury caused as a result of the Promoter’s negligence, the Promoter accepts no liability for loss or injury as a result of the Promotion or receipt or misuse of any Prize.
24. Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the terms and conditions will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.